Kloxo-MR is another alternative of free web hosting / server control panel that can be solution for you who don’t want to manually setup their webserver. The software is basically a fork of original Kloxo CP by LXCenter (formerly known as Lxadmin). The MR part of Kloxo-MR is Mustafa Ramadhan, the one who did the fork, enhanced and developed this truly modified version.
Kloxo-MR is the only freely available alternative of WHM / cPanel that provide every feature that cPanel can offer. Kloxo-MR provides option to easily switch between web servers and different programs.
- OS: Redhat/CentOS 5 and 6 (32bit and 64bit) or their variants
- Billing: AWBS, WHMCS, HostBill, TheHostingTool, AccountLab Plus, Blesta and BoxBilling (note: claim by billing’s author)
- Web server: Nginx, Nginx-Proxy and Lighttpd-proxy, Hiawatha, Hiawatha-proxy and Httpd 24, beside Httpd and Lighttpd; also Dual and Multiple Web server *)
- Webcache server: Squid, Varnish, Hiawatha and ATS *)
- Php: Dual-php with php 5.3/5.4 as primary and php 5.2 as secondary; multiple-php *)
- PHP-type for Apache: php-fpm_worker/_event and fcgid_worker/_event; beside mod_php/_ruid2/_itk and suphp/_worker/_event
- Mail server: qmail-toaster instead special qmail (in progress: change from courier-imap to dovecot as imap/pop3) *)
- Database: MySQL or MariaDB
- Database Manager: PHPMyAdmin; Adminer, MyWebSql and SqlBuddy as additional **)
- Webmail: Afterlogic Webmail Lite, Telaen, Squirrelmail, Roundcube and Rainloop; Horde and T-Dah dropped
- FTP server: Pure-ftpd
- DNS Server: Bind and Djbdns; add Powerdns,
MaraDNS, NSD, myDNS and Yadifa *)
- Addons: ClamAV, Spamassassin/Bogofilter/Spamdyke, RKHunter and MalDetect
- Fixed many bugs of Kloxo Official (including security issues)
- And many more!
Some stuff you need before installing:
- A VPS or Dedicated Server (DS) running CentOS. In this tutorial I use (recommended) CentOS 6 x86_64 minimal.
- Ability to use SSH Client like Putty (or Terminal on Linux and Mac).
- Basic knowledge of Linux command.
- About 30 minutes of your spare time.
- A cup of Coffee or Tea if you like.
How to Install
Step 1 – Login to your server as root:
Step 2 – To make sure all things are updated, run ym update command:
yum update -y
wait for the process to complete.
Step 3 – Issue this command to install some necessary packages:
yum install yum-utils yum-priorities vim-minimal subversion curl zip unzip -y
Also this one:
yum install telnet wget -y
Step 4 – Make sure SELinux is disabled. You can check it with this command:
if not, you can disable it using this command:
echo 'SELINUX=disabled' > /etc/selinux/config
Step 5 – Now you can add repo URL of Kloxo-MR. Currently -during I write this post- there are two main version: v6.5.0 and v7.0.0. This guide will show you how to install Kloxo-MR v7.00. Start by changing directory to /tmp.
Then remove old .rpm if any:
rm -f mratwork*
Then download the repo file using wget:
wget https://github.com/mustafaramadhan/kloxo/raw/rpms/release/neutral/noarch/mratwork-release-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm --no-check-certificate rpm -ivh mratwork-release-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
then go back to upper directory:
Step 6 – Now issue these series of command before we proceed to the install process:
yum clean all yum update mratwork-* -y
Step 7 – Now begin the install process with this command:
yum install kloxomr7 -y
Step 8 – Now the last magic command to issue is:
That will install everything so the process will be a little bit longer than any previous command above so sit tight and wait till it finished.
Congratulations you have successfully installed Kloxo-MR 7.
Step 9 – Now open up your favorite web browser and login to Kloxo-MR admin page for the very first time:
https://1ip-address:7777 – secure ssl connection, or..
http://1ip-address:7778 – normal one.
Default username is admin and password is admin.